When it comes time to dress up, deciding what to wear can be very difficult for many men. If you have a formal event coming up in the near future, take a look at these formal wear ideas. Follow these tips and you’ll be the best dressed guy in the room.
1. For the shirt, go for white. You might be tempted to wear a colored shirt, but white is most appropriate for formal occasions. Make sure your white shirt isn’t too translucent though, as this can be a major faux pas.
2. Make sure your shirt and suit fit. There’s nothing more embarrassing than showing up to a nice event in a shirt or a suit that is too big – or too small! Make sure your clothes fit correctly. Plus, you’ll be much more comfortable if you aren’t worried about your clothes not fitting right.
3. Button up. At a formal event, all buttons on your shirt should be done up. This includes buttons at the collar and on the sleeves. Don’t leave any buttons open.
4. Match your shoes and your socks. If you are wearing black shoes, make sure you have black socks. It can be very embarrassing when you sit down and your white socks pop out from under your pants!
5. Dress shoes. Keep the sneakers at home! For formal wear, you need a nice pair of dress shoes. Black or brown will be your safest bets here.
For your next formal affair, make sure you are dressing the part. You can be stylish and fashionable if you follow the tips here. Most importantly, remember to be yourself and have fun! Stick to these basic rules, but feel free to add your own fashion flare to any outfit.